How to Frontflip on Skis
What you will Learn in this Ski Tutorial
This tutorial provides step-by-step instructions on how to perform a front flip on skis, both in an indoor setting and on snow. It emphasizes the importance of safety and proper technique, such as keeping knees apart and tucking the head and knees in during rotation. The tutorial also recommends practicing on a foam pit, air bag, or water ramp before attempting the front flip on snow.
- The tutorial recommends practicing front flips on skis in an indoor setting before attempting them on snow.
- It emphasizes the importance of keeping knees shoulder-width apart to avoid injury.
- The tutorial advises starting with a foam pit, air bag, or water ramp for landing.
- Proper technique involves leaning back, pushing off from the back foot, and kicking the back leg up into the air.
- Tucking the head and knees in during rotation is important for safety and better rotation.
- Landing techniques, such as folding the legs underneath oneself, are discussed.
- The tutorial suggests starting with a jump that has a short transition and a soft landing.
- Timing and body positioning are crucial for successful front flips.
- Orientating oneself using the sky and sun can help during the fast-paced rotation.
- With practice, front flips can be performed on various terrains such as side hits, rollers, jumps, and rails.