4 Levels of How to 5050 on Skis | Ski Tips & Calling Tricks
What you will Learn in this Tutorial
This episode of Ski Tips & Calling Tricks focuses on the 50/50 ski slide technique. Josh and Will demonstrate the progression of this skill from basic features to more challenging ones, such as tubes and rails. They provide tips on technique, including squeezing the legs together and popping smoothly. They also attempt to perform a 180-degree turn while maintaining the 50/50 position. The video concludes with the hosts trying a ski slide on a narrow rail, showcasing the difficulty and commitment required.
- Josh and Will discuss the progression of learning the 50/50 ski slide technique.
- They start with basic features and gradually move on to more challenging ones, like tubes and rails.
- The importance of squeezing the legs together and popping smoothly is emphasized.
- They attempt a 180-degree turn while maintaining the 50/50 position.
- They demonstrate a ski slide on a narrow rail, showcasing the difficulty and commitment involved.
- They highlight the need for the chosen feature to be low enough, especially for beginners or younger skiers.
- The video suggests starting with tubes and gradually progressing to more advanced features.
- They acknowledge that performing the 50/50 technique on boxes would have been easier however there was a lack of available boxes.
- They encourage viewers to give the 50/50 ski slide a try and wish them good luck in their attempts.