How to Frontside 270 & Backside 270 on Skis
What you will Learn in this Tutorial
This tutorial provides step-by-step instructions on how to perform frontside 270 and backside 270 tricks on skis. It covers the technique for both types of spins, offers tips for practicing and improving, and suggests variations to challenge oneself.
- Before attempting frontside or backside 270 tricks, it is important to have a good grasp of sliding a box and being comfortable with straight and switch skiing.
- To practice the technique, start by imagining a box and practice rotating and setting off in the opposite direction.
- It is recommended to start practicing on a flat feature and then progress to steeper and more challenging ones.
- When attempting frontside 270, focus on getting a decent amount of hang time and aiming for a smooth rotation.
- For backside 270, it is important to lift the toes up to avoid hitting the rail and to practice rotating without relying on rotation on the box.
- Increase speed and height to minimize the risk of hitting the rail or box.
- It is also suggested to try the tricks with the other foot first and to practice on different features to improve versatility.